We are so madly in love with Tyler! I was so excited to get him out of the hospital just in time for my mom's surprise 60th birthday celebration on Saturday. The doctors however had a different plan for Tyler. Although it sounds protocol for any newborn... Due to him just coming out of the NICU and also because we are in the heat of flu season, we were highly encouraged by several doctors and nurses to not have Tyler leave the house for a few months, let alone have him around little children. It might sound to the extreme, but we are instructed not to take him to the grocery store, out in public, church and even to big family/friend gatherings due to all the germs. I was emotionally crushed to hear this because I want to show our little guy off and we might not even be able to have him at family functions over the holidays or take him to big friend gatherings. My little niece Hailey has been dying to meet Tyler and hold him, but the closest she got is to see Tyler was through our back patio door window. I feel like Tyler is "ET" and needs to be quarantined. Although I was very disappointed in hearing this looking at the big picture, we are happy to have Tyler home and want to keep him as healthy as possible because after all he is a miracle child to us. Due to our situation, we are probably going to be extra cautious and will do anything to keep our boy strong and healthy. Tyler would love to meet everyone, but unforunately it can only be a few visitors at a time and kids unforunately are not allowed for the time being.
Since Tyler couldn't join in on Grandma's 60th birthday celebration,
we brought grandma to him for a short while on Saturday! Rob decided to stay home with Tyler and have a boy's night all to themselves. Although it was hard being away from Tyler for so long, I know he was in good hands!
When I came home from the birthday celebration,
I found my two prince charmings sound asleep! It was too precious!
So happy for all of you. Welcome home Tyler and welcome to the dinner club (even if it'll be a little while before you meet the other kids). We're so happy you're home!
So happy for all of you. Welcome home Tyler and welcome to the dinner club (even if it'll be a little while before you meet the other kids). We're so happy you're home!
ReplyDeleteAw, he looks so tiny in the pictures. I can't wait to see him again:) Get healthy and strong, Tyler! Alex will be ready to rumble when you're bigger!
ReplyDeleteYea! So glad Tyler is home with Mommy and Daddy! Enjoy all the bonding time these first couple of months...it goes by so fast.
ReplyDeleteThanks guys... I miss you all!!
ReplyDeleteNew pictures would be awesome! (Hint, hint)
ReplyDelete