Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Spring Break Fever

As my Spring Break approached, I was wishing I was going somewhere warm with this rainy WI Spring weather, but after the break I realized how lucky I was to have a blast with Tyler for the week. We spent lots of quality time together and stayed quite busy! Here is literally the play-to-play of our break because I had lots of recent pictures to include.

Monday: Tyler had his 18 months check-up with Dr. Richer and overall we received a good report. Don’t let those chubby cheeks that you just want to pinch or smooch fool you, he weighs in at 24 lb 10 oz which is the 10-25% for his age. He bumped back up to the 75% for height again. Thinking I wasn’t going to get a lot done on Monday, I worked my tail off cleaning the house…. Call it massive Spring Cleaning… or call it massive Nesting, the house got clean over break and Monday I hit the ground scrubbing! I am pretty safe to say I can eat off my floor, but I know that won’t last long. Tyler and I also squeezed in a lunch visit with daddy at work.

Tuesday: Tyler had a playdate with Alex as his daycare was closed. I took the boys to “GG’s” house to break up the morning and she loved the company. We stopped in at Prime Financial to see Laura and although it was a good idea at the time, Alex wasn’t a happy camper when we had to leave his mama- you'll see quite clearly his reaction in one of the following pictures. All in all, the boys played nicely and had a good time. I will admit I did spoil myself with a nap this day when the boys napped.

Our visit to GG's






Tyler petting "GG's" fake dog


Before picture- both boys are content as we venture out for the morning!


After Picture- Tyler wanted to go home because he was hungry and Alex wanted to stay at his mommy's work. Let's just say I turned up the radio on the way home to tune these boys out :)


And...... I am NOT proud of this picture, but it's the first time I caught Tyler "GOLD DIGGING". I haven't seen it since, but if it becomes a hobby of his, Brenton bootcamp is ready to go in full effect.


Wednesday: Happy 18 months to my baby Ty. I celebrated by taking every last minute of Ellen babysitting for the day. I ran a ton of errands and was so engrossed in shopping that by 1pm, the baby was kicking me for food. I also had a manicure/pedicure/haircut appointment. The pedicure looks nice considering I can't see or do much below the big belly these days. I was so appreciative of Ellen babysitting and it was a very productive day!

Thursday: Tyler had an 18 month Stepping Stones appt at St. Joe’s. Stepping Stones is a program they offer to the NICU babies at various milestones to make sure those babies are developing normally and reaching each milestone where they should. After meeting with the PT, OT, speech therapist, doctor and nurse, it was reported that Tyler is “ahead of schedule” for his age and has fine motor skills of a 21 month old. I say this not to brag (as I don’t believe I am the bragging type), but it left me going home in happy tears. Happy tears because being at the hospital can sometimes be hard for me as I remember the trauma I faced when I had to leave the hospital without my little baby and I didn’t know what was going to happen to him after he had seizures at birth. He has come a long way and we are blessed to get such a great report!!

Tyler in the midst of his fine motor skills test. Way to go baby!


Friday: Tyler got his 2nd haircut ever and although I loved the curl he started looking a little shaggy. His hair is short, but it’s a cute cut and he looks like such a little boy with it. We meet grandma after the appointment for a walk as this was the nicest day of my Spring Break. We even squeezed in a walk to the park. When Rob got home from work we went to Stonefire Pizza with Tyler (Alex had given us a GC for watching him on Tuesday- thanks little guy). Tyler loved the train set there and slide and wore himself out which meant he slept extra great :)

Park




Tyler wanted to bring Gma roses "just cuz".........




Haircut- Thank goodness for a car seat and a yummy sucker!






Stonefire










Saturday: We took Tyler to the Betty Brinn Museum. We are trying to do things with Tyler as much as we can as I know things will be much different with two. We ran into the Meidam’s at the Museum which was nice to catch up.





Sunday: To close the week, we finished off at the zoo with the monkeys with Laura and Alex. So that was my Spring Break in a nutshell, my last hoorah with the little guy.





Waving to the cows

As I'm catching up on pictures, quite the long entry tonight I might say myself!

1 comment:

  1. Great post...I can't stop laughing at the boys smiling then crying in the car:) Too funny! Glad you enjoyed your last horrah before Baby B makes his/her grand entrance!!

    ReplyDelete