.jpg)
To state the obvious, my first Mother's Day was very special this year and all moms know this day should be celebrated 364 days (not 1 day) out of the year for all our hard work! I am so grateful for all the amazing woman in my life especially all of those in motherly roles: my mother, my God-mother, my grandmother and my mother-n-law. We kicked off the day by having brunch at our house with both sides of the families. I ended the day in pure exhaustion, paralyzed on the couch from such a busy weekend and being able to cuddle with my baby which is one of my favorite hobbies :) I received many special gifts including a poem that Tyler made at daycare with his little footprints on them which melted my heart!!
.jpg)
Hailey is such a "mother" figure to these boys!!
.jpg)
This picture makes me laugh.. Tyler looks angry even though he isn't.. he loves to suck on anything these days whenever he gets the chance :) Poor Alex man!
.jpg)
My precious God-daughter!

Can we say Mr. Giggles? He is just as ticklish as his mama!!
.jpg)
My friend Aileen stopped by on Mother's Day to lend me her joggling stroller (a BIG BIG thanks). Tyler loves it and let me tell you it's not as easy as you think.
And finally as I reflect on over the past 6 months of being a mom, a few things I have discovered along the way (okay maybe a little more than a few).
I've learned being five minutes late to something is now my new “on-time”
I've learned I am an expert at shopping & trying on clothes really fast while Tyler is napping in his car seat
I've learned eating dinner at 7pm or even 8pm some nights is not out of the norm
I've learned what a true sacrifice is (my needs really don’t come first anymore)
I've learned that you can still wake up and feel like you are dreaming. Some days I need to pinch myself because I still can't believe Tyler is all ours!
I've learned you don't think twice about going to work with toothpaste or spit up stains (from being rushed in the morning and flying out the door)- it just becomes a part of life.
I've learned that I tend to talk about "poop and spit-up" more than I thought I ever would even with random people, especially at work. (hopefully my principal doesn’t put that in my yearly evaluation).
I've learned I do not have time anymore to "stock up" on things. Rob makes fun of me for stocking up on TP, but for your information we made it down to our final two rolls in the house. It would have been a scary situation had we run out!
I've learned how terribly bad your heart aches when your baby is sick, even with just a common cold.
I've learned how strong babies really can be.
I've learned kids really do grow up fast – sometimes as I am changing Tyler’s diaper or rocking him or reading him I book, I think in a blink of an eye, he will be graduating high school, then college, then getting married. Time really does get away!
I've learned to enjoy the present moment!
I've learned Soy Milk Formula is just as gross as the real soy milk - accidently got a taste of Tyler's
I've learned that doctors are sometimes your best friends
I've learned that staying up until 10pm is super late for me
I've learned that Spaghetti with meatballs becomes a gourmet meal when you don't have time to make anything else.
I've learned how to master the skills of using my left hand to multi-task.
I've learned to be extra efficient in life.
I've learned how to be calm (yes me being calm)
I've learned that sleeping into 7:30-8am feels great!
I've learned that playing house as a kid was fun, but being a real mom is even more fun!
I've learned you can talk to any stranger that is a mom and instantly come up with a conversation
I've learned that no matter how tough life gets sometimes, there are brighter days ahead
One mom to another, Happy (Belated) Mother's Day!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment