Tuesday, October 20, 2009
LARGE and in CHARGE!
Five big days until the technical due date of Baby Brenton. I was planning on working straight up until the baby was born, but due to multiple cases of confirmed H1N1 viral swine flu cases at my high school, it was recommended due to me being high-risk this close to the due date to take an early maternity leave. I made this executive decision at 2pm today as there was "talk" that they may close the high school down if 30% of the population is out due to illness (we hit a high of 25% as of today). There is too much to risk and all I want is to get this baby out safe and healthy! I'm 2cm dialated (minor progress), so hopefully I won't go past my due date because I would rather have my maternity leave with the baby than days without, but I will be honest I am going to enjoy my peace/quiet and sleep on the days I have off leading up to Baby Brenton's arrival. I feel like a little kid anxiously awaiting Christmas to find out what present I got (boy or girl?)!!!!!! At least I know that no matter what the outcome is, I am going to fall in the LOVE with my present the second I see him/her. I have loved this baby the minute we found out we were pregnant and I'm going to fall in love all over again. Stay tuned....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Awe, we're going to love that little baby too. We can't wait to find out who this little one will be. Enjoy your time off - with or without the baby:)
ReplyDelete