Leading up to Round 2, I was in denial, but the day of the second "casting" which was today, I had no choice but to jump in and get my hands wet and dirty! Some people probably think we are crazy for getting another Doc band, however there are still some issues with the shape of head and it was recommended to us by medical professionals. The determining factor was if insurance was going to cover another one. When we got the call saying it was being covered, it was a no-brainer. I don't have the energy for another one, but I'm also amazed at what you do to rise above as a parent. It can't hurt, but only help.
The "casting" is by far the WORST part of the whole situation and thankfully that is beyond us although I will say my stomach is still in knots from the anticipation of it. The first time was much more painful to watch and a lot more tears shed, so I planned for the worst and walked away thanking my blessings that it was not as bad as the first "casting".
Tyler took one for the team and was nominated Most Valuable Player by us. I have to brag that I was voted in as Most Improved Player for our team as I didn't shed a tear until the very end and it was a happy tear because I was so glad it was over, I was proud of our little boy for doing so well and also that it went better than I expected. There are 7 stages to the process and Tyler didn't start crying until the 7th and final stage. The first casting he cried all 7 stages. If all the stages didn't go as smooth, there is always the chance of starting the process over as well. One thing that kept him content was a dum-dum sucker...(thank the Good Lord!) Rob was voted in the lead scorer in assists to make Tyler perform so well. He had to hold Tyler down, sang to him for a solid 12-15 minutes of the critical phase and distracted him when things got rough at the end. This process would not have been done as smoothly without Rob. Karen (the doc band lady) wanted to hire him for other babies. To say the least, Team Brenton scored today!
Tyler has a weird look on his face probably thinking "Mama don't put me through this again!"
It will take 10 days to get the Doc Band and although he will still have it for his first birthday, we anticipate it will be off by Thanksgiving! Some day, oh.... some day.... this will all be behind us!!!!
As Team Brenton prepares for our next competition!
No comments:
Post a Comment