Monday, August 9, 2010

Summer Slump

Summer is coming to an end... this is about the time I get in my "back to school/summer is end slump". Although there is always some excitement to start a new school year, I always get sad when summer is done and I'm no longer off. Plus, this summer is the most different of all having been grateful enough to spend it with Tyler. I went into work for half a day, have an out-of-town training next week and then I'm back in the office. As I say every summer where has the time gone! Here a few pictures from the past month.....


To start off the month of August I did the "Rock and Roll" Half in Chicago... Becky was my #1 fan chauffering me around Chicago, her hometown.. huge huge help! Thanks to Rob and Tyler for allowing me to get some of my longer runs in to train for this event and Tyler for putting up with the jogging stroller. By mile 10, I was emotional with tears because after 2 years of not running and being told "I shouldn't run due to medical reasons", it was pretty sweet! Completing a full marathon in "03" I knew I could do it...for me, it was moreless about reaching this personal goal for myself after having Tyler. Once a runner, always a runner I suppose!


And although finishing was the most awesome of all, it was pretty sweet being a Bachelor Fan and seeing Molly and Jason there too (who also ran it)! I am biased, but Jason was my favorite Bachelor of all seasons!

What else have we been up to?
In July, Ty went to his First Brewer Game with us and Gpa and Gma Beyer. Big surprise the Brewer's lost, but we had fun and he did pretty darn good for being up past bedtime!







Tyler also had his cousin Hailey spend the night in July. In past tradition, I have had Hailey overnight once a year. Being that she is my God-daughter and only niece, it is always special to have our yearly slumper party..



That same day I had Hailey, I also watched Alex during the day. Tyler was in heaven with his cousins. He loves rough housing it with Alex and Hailey was a HUGE help, especially at meal time!


I love this picture... Hailey is shoveling it in Alex. Oh she is such a great big cousin and helper!


This year we took out paddle boats by Lake Michigan. Hailey did quite a nice job steering the boat!




It's a must that we make chocolate chip pancakes when Hailey stays here.




We visited our friend Lana this month.. it is so neat to see these two together.. they love being around each other... 11 weeks apart!


Tyler had watermelon for the first time this month... yum!







And much to our disliking, this is probably a picture from our last day at Wirth Park Pool for the summer... good times! Growing up with a pool in my backyard all my childhood, there is a little bit of "mermaid" in my blood.

Have a good week all!! And all those educators out there, enjoy your final days, weeks before the start of school!

No comments:

Post a Comment