Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Second Maternity Leave

As a good friend who is a Kindergarten teacher (Mindy) once said when I returned back to work after having Tyler, "summer vacation is going to be like a second maternity leave". This phrase is what got me through the past few months. Returning back to work after having Tyler was not an easy task. Looking back, I feel like it was easier at first once a routine was set and harder as time went. After 3 months of being back to work, I reached my burnt out stage especially with the medical appointments, so I am really excited to hopefully rejunevate this summer. When all is said and done, I will have a total of 8 weeks off, so it truly is like a second maternity leave. As indecisive of a person as I am I never truly knew what I wanted to do with my life and when the light bulb went off to be a "guidance counselor" you better believe having my summers off was in the back of my head. But mind you, it's not as easy as some people think. Being a "guidance counselor" does have it's rough patches dealing with major human crises quite frequently and also the worrying year to year about budget cuts. As with any job though, we always think it's greener on the other side. Lucky for me, summers are a perk!



Tyler had his last official day at daycare yesterday. We said good-bye to Terri and also Shandy (dog) too! Hopefully we will see them this summer in their brand new pool they got last October. I have been so glad to have Terri in our lives and so far it's been a really good fit! I never thought I would say this, but I was a little sad to see Tyler leave his friends for the summer, but selfish enough for me, so excited to have the extra time with him!!!



Summer Break 2010 you are finally here!!! Now let the rejunevating begin.....

1 comment:

  1. So glad your second maternity leave has begun :) Enjoy every second of it. Hopefully we can get the kids together once in awhile this summer. It was great visiting with you tonight!

    ReplyDelete