Monday, June 21, 2010

Father's Day Weekend!

We had a very busy, but fun Father's Day weekend! Of course it was an extra special weekend for Rob as his wish to be a daddy finally has been granted :) Tyler and I tried to treat him like a prince for the weekend and amongst his other little gifts from us, we did give him the gift he really wanted which was "peace and quiet". Tyler is a lucky lucky boy to have a daddy love him the way he does!

Amongst Rob having his first Father's Day, Tyler had his very first ride on Uncle Ed's boat, which was lots and lots of fun! Although my skin doesn't show for it, I was very happy to finally enjoy the summer sun, but we did our darnest to make sure we didn't cook the fair skinned boy :) Mission accomplished!


For those of you looking for an infant life jacket ever.. check out Target. I soul searched- why didn't I just go to Target first?



Grandma Ellen was so excited to be on Tyler's first boat ride.


Thank you for letting us use your boat Uncle Ed. Now that Mama invested in a life jacket, she is hoping we get invited to go on the boat again. I can help you drive again I promise!"




I realize Tyler looks like a goof ball.. it was pretty funny with all the gadgets he had on (doc band, hip brace, life jacket & a toddler hat to fit over his big head so he wouldn't get burnt)- lucky for us he didn't mind at all and was a trooper- even napped on the boat for 40 minutes!


On the way home from Burlington we stopped at the Cemetery to visit with Grandpa John and say a prayer for Father's Day. We also stuck a message in the ground (if you can tell from the picture ) that read "Miss you Grandpa John. XOXO Love, Tyler" He is truly missed every second of every day!


We also sneaked in dinner this weekend with our friends Lisa and Jeff who we don't get to see enough with both our busy schedules.... don't think Lisa and I didn't eat this entire dessert because we did a good job at cleaning the plate!!


This picture is hard to view, but I posted it because as you can see our waiter is in the picture- he asked us if he could be in the picture. Really what waiter does that? We did get good service I might add! I guess our relationship grew stronger the more we drank :)


"Daddy your #1. I love you always and forever!"


Rob was opening up some Fathers Day gifts from Tyler and reading his card.. I just love this picture for some reason.


Tyler charming my Aunt Gail


Aunt Jenny and Tyler


Uncle Dave and Tyler


And as usual, I had to post the famous swing picture from my parents back yard. It's the usual posed scene at most Beyer summer outings. I am sure you will see more swing pictures at some point.

Tyler is awoken from his nap so I must attend to the boy, but Happy Father's Day to all those Father's out there.. A special "shout out" to my dad for being an amazing person in my life and always being there for Rob, Tyler and I. A quick "shout out" to Rob for being an outstanding dad to our miracle baby- he has exceeded all my expectations. Love you all :)

1 comment:

  1. You look pretty looped up at the restaurant. Looks like you had fun with Lisa as usual! Cute pic of Tyler driving the boat. Love it!

    ReplyDelete