God put me in the profession that I am in for the fact I have Spring Break and my summers to look forward to each year. Educators get a lot of slack for this at times, but I don’t know how I would survive without these breaks. If there were money trees in our backyard and “Cadillac” insurance was given out like candy, I could really get use to not working and living the life of Riley (if anybody is familiar with that saying). Although I didn’t get nearly what I wanted done over my break, I chipped away at my “to-do” lists and more importantly was able to spend quality and much needed time with Tyler.
What did we do over Spring Break? Maybe the question should be: What didn’t we do? We were busy little beavers and what I craved most is staying in our pj’s all day and not leaving the house (kinda reminding me of my maternity leave days), but we had obligations each day which resulted in us leaving the house…. not complaining though! Not having to work = not having to work!
We covered a lot of ground… Here are some of the things we did.. overall we stayed out of trouble!
.jpg)
We started SOLIDS this week- Tyler’s solid menu consisted of rice cereal and green beans (I want to get Tyler use to veggies before introducing the good stuff- fruit!) We also introduced carrots to him tonight and holy cow, did he eat them carrots. He doesn't get love of carrots from us!
.jpg)
Visit from Gma Brenton, Uncle Ed, Uncle Dan & Nikki
Uncle Ed & Tyler were having lots of fun together!

Lots of playtime over break!
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
Playdate with Lana means catching up with my friend Becky which was great- we could have talked for another 5 hours!

We went to several appointments this week (nothing out of the norm). Tyler had an appointment at St. Joe’s this past week through the Stepping Stones program. They offer this program to all of the NICU babies to check their development and certain benchmarks. Tyler passed in flying colors. There were a few concerns concerning his torticollis, but hopefully nothing that can't be corrected. In the above picture he is receiving physical therapy for an assessment. We go back to St. Joe’s when Tyler is 18 months for another check and then again at 30 months. Since we were at St. Joe’s we also went to visit Gma Beyer at work. She was SO excited we visited and showed Tyler off to all her friends.
.jpg)
Tyler seems to be in the 10th percentile for weight.. the nurse called him "long and lean" for his age!
.jpg)
Tyler took a few long walks with mommy over Spring Break. Gma Ellen likes to call these walks "buggie rides" which is so cute! We wished the weather could have been a little nicer during the week, but we were reminded we do live in Wisconsin.
.jpg)

Tyler had lots of storytime this week- not only was he read to, but he was trying to read back in his own language.

Tyler decided he was "too cool" to sleep on his back anymore. In the past week Tyler has been a rolling machine and has rolled over almost every night on his own to sleep. This picture shows how he "busted" out of his swaddler. Maybe it's good to break the habit of the swaddler because his daycare provider and I joke that he loves to be swaddled so much he will have to take one when he starts pre-school :) His dr. says in so many words that it's fine if he is on his tummy because we have no way of controlling that at this point unless we set up a chair in front of his crib and roll him back over- not happening!
Gosh what else did we do on Spring Break....
-Tyler had his first overnight away from us as I surprised Rob with an overnight get away for his Golden Birthday (Thank you G & G for taking such great care of Tyler). We missed the little guy like crazy, but it was a nice get away.
-We discovered Tyler tries to scream like a girl when he wants to get his way or lacks our attention.. it's pretty funny actually and I know that he is "faking" it.
-We celebrated Tyler’s first Easter
-We went to Opening Day
-We visited Great-Gma & Gpa Beyer along with Great Gpa Callahan at the Holy Cross Cemetery. Although Tyler never had the chance to meet these Great-Grandparents,he knows that we truly miss them!
-Tyler continued to work hard at physical therapy (we are currently battling our insurance as they now only want to cover 1x/week and he really needs 2x/week)
-Last but not least, Tyler spent the day watching the Masters with daddy while I had a Spa/Girl Day with my friend Heidi. Spa Days need to happen more often and when they do happen they are so worth it!
I guess that is enough for now… at any rate, for all the educators reading this I’ll be thinking of you on Monday as we return to work and my “light at the end of the tunnel” is daydreaming of summer vacation. Spring is such a busy time at work, so when mid-June hits it’s one big sigh of relief!!!! For someone who is not much of a blog writer, I was quite windy! On to bigger and better things and that is BEDTIME….
No comments:
Post a Comment