Sunday, February 21, 2010

Worry Wart

I'm struggling to find time these days to update the blog.. it's been a busy week to say the least. Tyler met some new friends (Grant & Alayna) on Friday night and he spent time on Saturday with his dinner club friends for Sophie's 1st birthday party. Tyler is surrounded by such great friends already! Today he got quality grandma Ellen time and was telling her stories and laughing away. I also got the opportunity this past week to speak at the Quest support group which is a group for those struggling with infertility. Since I have "graduated" from this group, I have met a lot of great people along the way and I have kept in touch with one of the facilitators whom had invited me back to tell my story (and also treated me to some green beer afterwards). It sure was nice to be on the other side of things this time and made me feel good to help others by reaching out. By telling my story to others, I am reminded what a true gift I have been given through our journey by seeing life in a different perspective.

In addition to a busy week & for those of you whom I haven't talked to this past week, we discovered Tyler is allergic to egg, egg white, milk & peanut. I know this is not the end of the world but I was pretty bummed to learn about this discovery. It's so common in kids these days and I'm hopeful he may outgrow some of these allergies. I've learned that the instant you become a mom, you instantly get this extra dose of worry when you are responsible for another human being. My philosophy is that due to Tyler's initial health issues & our difficulty to conceive him I worry a ton more than normal. And to top that off, worry definitely runs in the Beyer/Callahan blood stream. As Rob reminded me, the worry will never end.. :) Now I can realize all the worry I have created for my parents all these years... especially coming in after curfew- sorry mom and dad! :)















We tried to take a group shot in the kids PJ's, but I think everyone was too tired for posing :) Tyler and Alayna were flirting though!! We will have to supervise these two when we go on our annual camping trip!



Last but not least... this past Monday the "B-town wives club" (aka: dinner club) went out to dinner at the Melting Pot for what we thought was just a Ladies Night but turned into a celebration dinner when Sara announced her exciting news of Baby Umnus coming this September. Words can't express my excitement... Yah! Yah!!!

At any rate, I'm doing a snow dance hoping for a snow day tomorrow, but let's be honest... they aren't going to close school tomorrow and I'm going to have to work :( The weekends are just too short!

1 comment:

  1. I can't wait to see Tyler again - he looks so different since the last time I saw him! Stupid allergies! Hopefully his new "diet" won't bother him!

    ReplyDelete