Today Tyler had his 2 month checkup which went well! I think I was dreading it more than him because he had to get 4 shots, but after turning bright red for a few seconds, shedding a few tears, he regained himself and was a complete trooper! I anticipated the worst and it really wasn't that bad. I had to take him for a skull x-ray as well which came back normal. His right side is still somewhat flat, so they are keeping a close eye on his head making sure it develops properly. He has one more in-home physical therapy appointment and then starting the end of January he will receive physical therapy on an outpatient basis biweekly. His last EEG he had done in December was normal and we have been given the "green light" to start weaning him off his seizure medicine, which is a 2 month process. Once he is completely off the medicine he will have one more EEG (his 5th) and if all is normal and seizure-free, hopefully we will get discharged from his pediatric neurologist. Thanks to WEA Trust insurance because they have been getting hammered with our doctor bills for Tyler. Tyler has been continuing to eat and sleep well. He was 12lb 4 oz and 23 3/4 inches at his 2 month which puts him in the 75th percentile. Some nights he has averaged 8-9 hours of sleep, which I realize is not normal for an infant at his age, but we'll take it. Some nights I have to pinch myself that he is sleeping that long because I can't believe how lucky we have been so far. I realize I am spoiled and I am sure it won't last forever. The nights he is up during the night for a feeding, I am reminded how difficult it is to have chopped up sleep, but those nights as tired as I am, Tyler has a big grin on his face which of course makes it all worth while.
.jpg)
Tyler's newest thing lately is holding his head up high during tummy time.

Tyler's burps are getting much stronger these days- I usually get blamed for them when he does it because they are so powerful as well as when the boy "toots"!

What in the world are you doing with that tongue Tyler?
Five more full days with my little guy before work comes a calling... although I am not looking forward to it, I am mentally preparing for it. I really think the anticipation is worst and it won't be as bad as I think (can you tell I am trying to be positive here?). It will just take time getting into a routine! Until then... hope everybody enjoys the lovely winter storm that good old Wisconsin is graciously sending our way tomorrow.
Nice tongue shot! It looks like he might be a screamer with that wide-opened mouth!
ReplyDelete