
This Saturday concluded by second baby shower and it was fun to celebrate with many of my great friends, some with whom I hadn't seen in awhile. I am so blessed for all the great people that I know and for all the great friends that have been there for me in "good times and in bad" as they say. Although it was disappointing we couldn't be outside for the shower (strike two!), it was still very nice and like Rob said, it really didn't matter where the shower was.... I would have been happy if I was in six feet of snow opening gifts (a little bit of a stretch, but hopefully you get my point). We are tremendously excited for this baby!! The third trimester has been flying by so far and some days I honestly can't believe our wish is finally coming true until I look down and see my growing belly (I will post a belly pic soon). I continue to remain blessed for all the small things in this pregnancy even the inconveniences of having difficulty bending down to paint my toenails... I love that I have this problem because it's for such a great cause! Thank you all who came to my shower and for being such great friends! It's amazing how worn out you can get after a shower... either you know you are getting old when you tuck yourself to bed at 8:30pm on a Saturday night or you are just pregnant and need lots of sleep (which to my defense I haven't been getting much of lately). Love you all... enjoy some pictures...
(Picture on the top) These are the fabulous hosts of my baby shower! We took a picture in front of the fireplace for my first shower so we had to spice it up by sitting this time, only it
was a lot harder for me to get up.

Grandma Ellen is getting SOOO excited to be a first-time grandma... just look at that smile! She makes me laugh... she entered our ongoing baby pool and she thinks I am having a 9 lb boy being five days overdue. No offense, but I hope you are wrong grandma Ellen :)

I couldn't pick between the two pictures of my niece Hailey, so I included them both. Hailey is my "pride and joy". Many people have commented she looks like my own.
I will admit she does :)


The Burlington Wives Club! You guys are the best!

Who are these four hot ladies?

Rob got a good laugh out of the "Tax Deduction" bib that the boy's from the dinner club got him. They know the "Don Roberto" WAY too well!!!!

My niece Jessica took a few minutes of our time at my baby shower to read: "We are going on a bear hunt". I don't think anybody can read that book to Baby Brenton better than she did. I heard some comments how Jessica should get into public speaking... nice job Jess!!!

My good friend Shana (to the left). She has two little ones of her own and I already have been looking to her for motherly advice :) Can't wait for our camping ventures next weekend! It may be rather tame since Becky and I can't drink :)
I am good enough, I'm smart enough and
I'm wearing a fabulous new outfit!!
(I will have to read this card I received at my shower once I have the baby and
can't fit into any of my clothes:)

One of my best girlfriends Heidi gave me a bottle of wine to splurge on once I have the baby. Between being sleep deprived, raging hormones and one glass of this, we are in some REAL trouble! I can't say I have ever seen wine be opened up at a baby shower,
but I do like the idea! Thanks Heidi!

Rob and I are blessed to have such great friends.... 32 weeks and counting... :)
Loved the Bear Hunt rendition! So unexpected and so funny. You looked great on Saturday, Carla. Now you can really start nesting...
ReplyDelete