Thursday, August 13, 2009

A baby shower to remember....



This past weekend was my first baby shower with the family. I have been to so many baby showers and have waited so long for my own, so it was sincerely a dream come true! The shower was held at my parents house and my mother’s famous last words all summer were “I just hope your baby shower falls on a day where it’s not 90 degrees or rain so we can be outside”. My poor mama ended up with both these weather conditions, plus a power outage the morning of the shower. Rob and I decided to get married on one of the hottest days in the summer, so why not celebrate a baby shower on one of the hottest weekends of the summer. One of many things I have learned in my journey to have this baby is no matter how hard you plan for something, you can't control it all :) Aside from these weather glitches which kept us inside, it was the PERFECT shower I have always envisioned. My mom, Laura and Jenny spent endless hours planning the fun celebration and I can’t thank them enough. I’m very excited for round two of baby showers when I celebrate with my friends at the end of the month. Receiving these baby gifts really makes this whole thing real and I can't believe how fast it's approaching! I am beyond excited!


Pictures to enjoy: My little God-daughter Hailey was WAY too nice to me during the string game.
I believe she measured her own belly and not mine :)

These three amazing ladies in my life were the hosts of the shower!
I can't thank you guys enough!


The two Grandma's were in their glory at my shower!


Time to eat... Baby is hungry- feed me!


Hailey was quite my helper when it came to opening gifts- thank you Hailey! I was exhausted!


The two cousin Carrie's won the string game. Carrie in the black is due exactly
two months from me (August 26th)... we were hoping with the
excitement of the games, she would go alittle early at my shower :)



Baby Brenton's two Great-Grandmas were present at my shower which was really special to me and meant the world to me. Grandma Kate in yellow (97 years old)
and Grandma Bernice in black (88 years old)


Great-Grandma Kate might be getting old and might be forgetting things, but one
thing is for sure, she knows there is a baby in my stomach
and she knows she is going to be a Great-Grandma:)



The excited parents-to-be

Rob is going to make an awesome dad :)


2 comments:

  1. Looks like it was a great time. Can't wait to celebrate with you next weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pictures! I can't wait to see see Baby Brenton in all the cute little outfits. And can Hailey be any more adorable!

    ReplyDelete