Hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas as we did!! We celebrated Christmas in 3 days and every second of it was a blast, especially with the kids. It was a perfect present having Anna around this year and I was so proud of my well-behaved kids in church on Christmas Eve, outside of Tyler accidently kicking an old man in front of us- the old man was a good trooper about it and luckily thought it was funny :)
Christmas always brings back some of my best childhood memories and now I get to experience it as a parent and make those fun memories and traditions for my kids. After playing Santa's role, eating and drinking lots of great food, our bodies could no longer take it anymore and the Brenton's all took a very long nap this afternoon (doesn't hardly ever happen that ALL of us are napping at once). It was perfect! I have to admit that after this Christmas I can officially say my kids are spoiled and we might have to add onto the house to store all their fun toys. Who's knows maybe I said that same thing last year? Papa, Nana's, uncles and aunts were so generous!!
It is impossible to get both kids to smile at once so in these pictures below if they are both at least looking at the camera, that is a bonus.. lots of pictures from the crazy holiday!
Grandma's two angels!
Tyler loves his new dump truck he got for Christmas that the first night he had a melt down when we tried to put him to bed without the dump truck. How to solve that problem? Have the dump truck sleep next to him at night :)
The newly engaged couple getting married this coming October.. so excited!
So Uncle Eddie and Katie outdid Santa Claus this year by getting Tyler a Thomas the Train Power Wheels. Mental note to self: make sure he opens the biggest and most exciting toy LAST! He opened this one first and needless to say all the other toys/clothes just weren't as exciting. and as you can see from the one picture he almost ran into the tree...!!
Anna got such cute outfits for Christmas, I hope she doesn't outgrow them too soon! They are stinkin cute! Clearly I get more excited than Anna :) She was a big fan of the Christmas bows this year.
Anna with her Godfather Ed. Let's be real... he didn't shop for this but I give his girlfriend Katie props for finding a onsie like this because I have never seen the "I love Uncle" ones!
Daddy's Little Elf
Tyler is into the really cheesy grins lately and Miss Anna will smile as long as there isn't a camera on her face. She better learn fast that mama likes taking pictures.
"Are these all for me?"
Papa and Nana's train was a big hit this year and it was nice that no kids were scared of it this year (aka my son). Hopefully nobody broke it as the train when off the tracks a few times... we need that train for many Christmases to come!
Anna's and Sean's First Christmas! They look thrilled!!
Although I already know what a great man my father is there is just something extra special about him that all the grandkids love!! Every time Tyler passes a Ford Explorer in the car, he points and says Papa because Papa drives a Ford Explorer. Everytime he knows we are going to Papa's house he chants his name the whole way there. Every night when we say bedtime prayers and pray for people, Papa is one of the first names that we pray for. Everytime he sees the Christmas Tree, he associates it with Papa because Papa was with daddy and Tyler when they cut it down. It is super cute and I have to remind both Nana's that they are loved just as much as Papa, but for whatever reason all the grandkids stick to Papa like glue!!!
Anna doesn't always like to give me long afternoon naps which is so much different than Tyler. In fact she never wants to miss out on anything (wonder where she gets that from?). Nothing like taking a nap during dinner. I am such a classy eater now a days eating with one hand. When we ate prime rib with the Brenton side, I was feeding Anna with one hand and "nawing" at my meat on the other without cutting it up. Classy young lady I am!!
Just one of the boys! She may be a Tom-boy with all the boy cousins but that "ain't" going to stop me for dressy her like a girlie girl at times!
Papa and Nana got Hailey and Anna matching pj outfits.. needless to say Hailey was quite excited and she got another matching outfit from us. The girls have to stick together somehow!
Two little candy canes!
The Sprinkler move again.. she is going to be quite the dancer. I'll take credit if she is a good dancer!
Aunt Jenny & Ty
My little helper!
My sweet sweet Godson Seany!!
They have that Detective kind of look about them, don't they??
Looks like both my babies are tired!
Merry Christmas to all and thanks to family for all the wonderful gifts. The best gift we received was spending quality time with family! On to get ready for the New Year!


No comments:
Post a Comment