Monday, March 28, 2011

Busy Little Beaver

Tyler has been a busy little beaver lately.... he just turned 17 months and is doing something new each day. We have him in swim lessons once a week which he loves although his sensitive skin just gets eaten up with that chlorine water!! He went under water for the first time last week and although it was alittle nerve-racking for me, he did well and wanted to do it again. I have actually been doing a water aerobics class on Saturday mornings which feels awesome to be in the water the bigger I get. I do make fun of myself though because picture me with a bunch of older ladies- it's actually a good workout and doesn't put so much strain on my body!! I love the water and swimming laps reminds me of the summers that I was a mermaid glued to my parent's pool.


Here is a distant picture of us at swim lessons... not going to get an "up close and personal" of me these days :)


This past weekend we were busy going to first birthday parties. Tyler enjoyed the excitement and playdates!

Dinner Club Kiddo's at Ella's 1st Birthday Party


Although Tyler will never get a cat when he lives under our roof as Rob and I are both allergic, he LOVED Ella's kitty Jersey. As you can see in these pictures, he followed her everywhere. So far I think we discovered one thing that Tyler may not be allergic too!






Not sure what is going on in this picture, but Tyler just needs to leave the poor birthday girl alone!


The next birthday party was for Adrianna- Rob's cousins child. Again Tyler had a blast playing with Jacob and all of his toys!! Tyler is obsessed with trains... I wonder what the Easter bunny is going to bring this year?



Tyler just loves being around Grandma Ellen and I know everytime she is with him he just melts her heart! Of course him being the only grandchild on that side, he gets a lot of attention.



And for some good news... well bittersweet news is a better way to put it. Tyler is officially done with physical therapy. We had his last appointment this March due to insurance no longer covering his sessions. It's bittersweet for me because I honestly do not miss the 2 extra appointments a week for over the past year, however I know his neck is not 100% but he has improved greatly. He was born with a 30 degree tilt and when he was discharged he now has an 8 degree tilt. We are still working on getting it closer to zero, but we know it's not going to be perfect either! We do have an open case with the Birth to Three Program for Physical Therapy, however are currently just doing in-home therapy with Tyler and seeing how that goes. It's hard to believe some of these appointments are behind us and I can't believe for a long time, I had an average of 4 appointments a week. We have come a long way with this little boy :)


Tyler loved the trampoline at PT (kinda blurry picture)... he had to take a few final jumps!


Suzy is checking Tyler's neck out one last time but that means he gets to enjoy the ball pit!


Opps Suzy let Tyler go- both expressions of Suzy and Tyler make me laugh!

And not much else to report on the little guy- just wanted to give a quick update.

No comments:

Post a Comment