I hadn't trick-or-treated in quite a while and it brought me back to my childhood days. I have been noticing more and more as Tyler is getting older and able to do more things I am reflecting on my childhood and all the fun things we did. I remember coming home from trick-or-treating dumping our candy out on the floor and then started "trading" pieces of candy with Steve and Laura. Can I have that Kit Kat for this Almond Joy? Thanks to Tyler's helper Hailey for filling his pumpkin with candy. Poor Tyler can not eat any of the candy due to his allergies and obviously he is a little too young for candy, but Halloween is a nightmare for a kid with food allergies. Looks like Rob and I will be packing on pounds eating his candy!
This year Tyler was a turtle... this warm fuzzy costume was $5 at a rummage. It was such a good bargain I was just gloating the day he finally got to wear it :)


Elmo where did you go? If you knew my nephew Logan, this picture sums up his personality.. he constantly cracks me up!

Along with Tyler the Turtle, we had Hailey the Pet Doctor, Logan as Elmo
and Alex as a Lion (Roar). The Lion was trying to get two pieces of candy at each house we went too and by the end he was giving away his candy to the various houses.



Ah excuse me buddy, what are you digging for?



Dogs this size scare the crap out of me.. but the fact that he was tied down, Tyler couldn't resist a quick petting. Every since he has fallen in love with the dog at daycare he go nuts when we see dogs. He points and grunts and it's rather funny! The funnier part to me is that no matter how much he loves a dog, we are never getting one. We just aren't pet people.

A few weeks prior to Halloween, I was playing "dress up" with Tyler because I forgot I had picked this costume up quite awhile ago so I couldn't let it go to waste. Rob woke up one morning to his son dressed in a pumpkin. LOL. After saying "Tyler you are so cute!" He then says, "Carla would you stop dressing our kid up like a cabbage patch doll?" I am not going to lie, I liked playing "house" and with "dolls". Now having a real kid, you get to do it all over again only it's more fun :)
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment