As my facebook status reported last week: "I am so proud of my 6 year old God-daughter who ran her heart out in her very first track meet. She is a natural born runner and definitely has some Beyer blood. She finished in the top 14 out of over 40 little 1st-3rd graders being one of the younger runners. You go girl!!!"
Being a runner myself and having a special bond with Hailey, it was so neat to see her run. Words couldn't describe the excitement when I saw her run even if it was for a few minutes; it was one of those moments in my week that made my day. Unless you are or were a runner yourself it's difficult to explain the runner's high that makes it all worthwhile. Do I always feel like running? NO. Is it hard to motivate myself to run sometimes? YES. Running is my medicine and I enjoy the overall investment of it.... whether or not Hailey turns into a runner it was one of the highlights of my week along with every day after work going to pick up the kids and seeing their smiley faces of "Mama's here!"
When I went to wish Hailey good luck, she says to me "Thanks I better start warming up!"... it was the cutest thing!
I was so worried I would miss getting a good picture my dad and I forgot to time her... oh we will be working for a PR next track meet :)
Hailey is the third girl wearing the pink shirt... she smoked those two girls at the end.
Just look at those long legs!
Miss Anna even enjoyed her first track meet too!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment