Thursday, January 20, 2011

Half Way There!!!

On New Year’s Day morning, this baby in my belly welcomed me in to the New Year with one of his/her kicks. It was the best way to start the New Year because although things have been smooth sailing, I am a worrier and the more I feel the baby the more reassured I am!! 20 more weeks before we get to meet another part of our family!! Up until this point, things have been very surreal for both Rob and I with this second pregnancy. We had the ultrasound yesterday and realized that this baby is going to be here before we know it. It was so exciting to see this baby so active during the ultrasound. Although I went through this with Tyler, it’s still so amazing to me what the human body can do. We are so thankful that we got a healthy and normal report (ten toes & ten fingers). We pray we continue to glide along and more importantly that things go much smoother once the big D-day approaches!!!

And if you are all wondering the sex of the baby (SO ARE WE!!). We have decided to wait until June to share the big news!!! Yes I am planner and I like to get things organized before the baby comes, but there is something to be said for the mystery of not knowing your baby’s sex until the day he/she is born!!! The extra suspense in my opinion makes it that much more climatic and let’s be honest, I need that extra motivation!!

My gut predicts that we are having a baby girl. The reason being is partially because I have felt a little different this time around and my hormones have been 10x as worst than with Tyler. Girls seem to get such a bad “rap” for hormones- not sure why that is??? If we do have a girl, Rob is in for some trouble… and I guess I am too because my mother always told me “what goes around comes around”. I clearly want a little girl so it’s been fun to fantasize that, but it’s also fun to fantasize that I could have another boy and Tyler could have a best friend and brother so close in age. I want to keep fantasizing until June. It was tempting, but stay tuned….. .

In the weeks ahead, we are trying to get Tyler’s big boy room ready- we just haven’t had the time to dedicate but I am getting antsy so that it means it will be done by the end of February.

And finally, I can’t forget to blog about my other baby… Here are a few pictures of Tyler. He is so much fun these days, just being silly and so passionate. He loves giving me kisses (open mouth kisses that is). Which I don’t mind, but thanks to him we swapped germs and her gave me the cough/cold which we are in the middle of fighting off.


We are trying to teach Tyler that there is a "baby in mama's belly". I think he thinks my belly button IS the baby. We are working on it folks!!!


This horsey has now become a member of our family. Tyler has to say hello to it every time we walk in the door.


Kisses for Horsey





Some fun in the snow...


Okay this picture shows that he is having more fun hey?


Tyler's first snow angel

No comments:

Post a Comment